Monday, July 28, 2014

Wishful Dreaming

The first time I saw you from a distance
I didn't know what to do,
I just couldn't help but glance

Your smile was so sweet, it captivated me in an instant
Your charm so unique that shined so radiant

I liked you more when we started hanging out
To me you were the perfect guy without any doubt

My happiness was short-lived when I soon found out that someone else already owned your heart

I should have been in her place, I came too late
I was forced to accept this tragic fate

Despite the pain I tried so hard to hide, I continued to be a friend by your side

I tried to move on and make the feelings subside
But you got a hold on me, it was too obvious to deny

She's a very lucky girl, I sure hope she knows that
I would trade anything just to be where he's at

To wait for you, I guess, would be the only thing I can do
So until then, don't worry about me
I'll still be here loving you

1 comment: