Thursday, March 18, 2021

Day 3: The Vessel

(365 days of writing prompts)


 We all, at one point, have wished to be anywhere else but here. Plus points for instant gratification.  The past months have been far from easy and a perfect example of a much needed escape. Nothing but virus and chaos all over the news in almost all parts of the world. Forest fires, volcanic ash falls, Presidential clowns and economic crises. The entire year is making Stephen King stories almost childlike.


 So imagine if we each had our own vessel to use in times like this?


 A very special vessel tweaked to our likings and convenience. A vessel that would take us somewhere far from all the mess of everyday. A vessel to make us see someone too far from our reach. A vessel to save us from ourselves right before we hit rock bottom.


 Mine would have to be an automatic cruise with my favorite book stores connected to nearby cafes right inside. I'd go in anytime I please and read to my heart's content. I could even write away my worries and stories while sipping my cafe favorites. No rushing, no lines, no distractions. Only me and my authors tucked away in a pile of books and caffeine. Ah, if only.




Disclaimer: I don’t choose the titles.  They are generated randomly.

No comments:

Post a Comment